View Single Post
Old 2009-02-23, 18:20   Link #57
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Wasn't it pretty much the same back in Rainy Blue? Anyway, I guess I'm one of the few ones not moved by the episode. That
Count me in. And here I am thinking that something was seriously wrong about me as the whole “cry your heart inside out” scene had zero effect on me.
On the contrary I really liked the Rainy Blue scene. Sure it had a somewhat “staged” feeling exaggerated emotions overreacting characters and etc. but that’s exactly why it worked. It gave you a “shoujo manga” feeling while preserving the story, being the logical outcome of actions taken place in the preceding episodes.
Here in season 4 it gave me an impression like:
- One-sama should I cry now?
- Yes Yumi. You have about 20 sec. make the viewer understand you are really upset.
Well it was apparent that in this season we should see Yumi trying to find her younger sister sooner of later and offering a rosario shouldn’t be a surprise but why…. Why they decided to pull this scene out of nowhere exactly the same time as Yoshino is supposed to have a major blowout with Rei?
Since last OVA they (anime staff) made it clear that they want Yoshino to be another major character (as Sachiko-Yumi issues had finally been resolved). Why do they have to cut one important (emotion wise) scene in favor of another is beyond my understanding. Why not have them both to “finish” the viewer?

PS. The pace in this season is truly awful. It`s so light speed that I forgot when I was able to dive in and fully enjoy the moment. All the Yumi`s long monologues to herself are gone for good.