View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 09:21   Link #215
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Well, I know when I have to admit a crushing defeat So I'm begging the pardon of everyone I may have angered with my comments, especially Rakshasa. Sry if it may have looked as if I looked down on you or your knowledge, I got a bit carried away

BUT I still have another question: If Cardinal can "see" that Yui is breaking her rules and tries to erase her, wouldn't it naturally try to stop Kirito from saving her as it should know that somebody tries to copy her data with access from her account. The simpliest way to stop Kirito would imo be to log him out which should be no problem for Cardinal, but well I guess that is explained per plotarmour XD
Here's the thing: Cardinal does not read Intentions. You're on the wrong anime dude, go to Accel World. The nearest Cardinal can read to one's heart is through Yui, which is emotions. And Yui, consequently, knows when a person is lying by her heart. (Wow. that has got to be the second best way to know when someone is lying. ) Anyway, Cardinal does not actually "see" things... it detects things. It's the reason why...
Spoiler for Vol 2 -- cut out detail from Red Nosed Raindeer -- Game Mechanics:

...and why...
Spoiler for Vol 9 or 10 (can't remember) -- appending detail to Red Nose Raindeer -- Cardinal's Actions in SAO (nothing else):

...and there's also...
Spoiler for Vol 2 -- cut out detail from Warmth of the Heart -- Self-Conclusion -- Cardinal and Weapon Creation:

...and also...
Spoiler for Vol 2 -- cut out detail from Black Swordsman -- Cardinal and Graphics:

Cardinal does not constantly look at every single thing in SAO 24/7. If it did, imagine what it would do to the server. Essentially, it would crash, and crash epicly. Thus, Cardinal's entire actions are simply based upon hundreds of thousands of Observer Design Patterns (Go Google it if you're not a programmer; if you are, then you should know this!), which means.... yes, the entire point of this... is that Cardinal only bases its actions on things that are done, that had happened. Cardinal took a few minutes to judge Kirito suddenly pressing that virtual keyboard as a big no no because... at the same time... he's taking care of ... probably tens of thousands of other things. It's not like the server has infinite processing speed. An MMO server is not the supercomputer in USA that can compute probably a billion digits of Pi a second.

Whew.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote