View Single Post
Old 2007-11-14, 23:48   Link #167
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sinclair View Post
Good point. But I think the fact that we don't know whether Yuuji is being inconsistent or not is in itself a bad thing. I think it's clumsily done character development to keep one character static in order to develop the others.
Well sometimes not knowing something is more exciting then having a crystal clear insight on all aspects of a character. I would consider the lack of insight into Yuji more of a intended move by the writers to incite some mystery into his character and keep us guessing as to what the basis of his actions really is.

I don't know about you, but a character without any secrets or at least a few skeletons in their closets would be quite dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
That is a nice pov on the Shana and Yoshida bonding, even though I find it the most freaky type of bonding possible... For me the whole issue of their jealously was because Konoe was trying to monopolise Yuji's time, and Yuji was accepting that monopoly at the cost of spending time with them. Well the last part was self imposed by the girls in a way. I would have expected some resolution towards that, for example one of the girls hearing Yuji trying to stop walking Konoe to school. Instead Shana gets wet with Konoe and gets laughed at I was expecting her to pop a cog there. Yoshida gets some advice from Margery which she passes on to Shana (good point you make there) and suddenly everything is hunky dory... Well to be honest I can't really judge this yet as I haven't seen how Shana and Yoshida acts when they see Konoe grabbing Yuji's shirt again.....
All things considered I doubt it was because Konoe was monopolising their time with Yuji.. Yoshida for example, the introduction of Konoe probably gave her more chances to be with Yuji as she was picked as the other person to look after Konoe.. It also gives her a reason to walk home with Yuji (despite the fact that she lives in the opposite direction). Yoshida did not really see Konoe as a rival prior to that strange incident where she found Yuji and Konoe staring deeply into each other's eyes.

Similarly with Shana, considering that she probably spends the most time with Yuji out of everyone (morning and night practice training, school, tomogura hunting ect) the time Konoe takes up is miniscule compared to how much time Shana actually spends with Yuji throughout the day. Also if indeed Shana was disturbed by Yuji spending too much time with Konoe, I doubt not showing up for training helps, as now she spends even less time with Yuji. Unless you label that factor as incosistent also, it's probably just a misunderstanding on Yoshida's and Shana's part thinking that Yuji had a romantic relationship with Konoe.