View Single Post
Old 2006-10-05, 09:25   Link #77
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katakami
Cal - there is a lot of assumption going on there but they are possibilities. I wouldn't call it blaspheme. =)

I agree that Eclair is somewhat close to Tamaki's mother and wants to see them reunited but she could also be willing to marry Tamaki for sake of proving herself to her family. I think being in a situation where you will one day eventually be forced to marry some stranger for business, she would at least want to accomplish something more out of it.

I think lot of Eclair's motives could be read by the point at which she decided to finally let go of Tamaki. Haruhi and Tamaki were both reaching out to each other and both being torn apart. This could have been a visual comparison to when Tamaki was torn from his mother. Even Shiima said that if Tamaki's mother is as kind as Tamaki described her, she would not wish for Tamaki to be forced to leave Ouran - which would mean cutting the ties Tamaki formed there. Assuming Eclair was this close to Tamaki's mother, then she would know that the last thing Tamaki's mom would want is to have Tamaki be torn from people he loved again. It's possible that the reason she cries when Tamaki says "Thank you" is that Tamaki acknowledges that Eclair gave him the chance to have what he most wanted, which turned out to be a decision between Haruhi and the Host Club (future) and his mother (past).

I like your looking glass analysis. Seeing as Ouran Anime has been all about visual symbols (light bulbs, pumpkins) it's very likely that they symbolise Eclair's wish for being detached.

One more observation - I just noticed that Ouran had a.... shower?? o.O;;; Eclair was taking a bath there... at first I thought it was her house then she comes out annd meets Tamaki on the piano. Then Kyouya's father appears and you see the Ouran clock tower in the background. I was like... "Damn... they even have showers in music rooms... hahhaa"
Thanks, and yes, the theory above is filled with assumptions from top to bottom, since I was trying to fill out Eclair's background as best as could from what hints the anime gave us.

It doesn't happen very often, but I'd regard the shower as a small service to the fans. Not that I'm complaining or anything. And yes, Renge's absence is my only regret with this episode... Renge and Nekozawa's absence both, in fact, when in the final dance scene so many side characters from the past were brought back.