View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 23:01   Link #1180
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, they sure took their time on this last episode. Makes it look stupid how they rushed episode 2 and 3 so badly......

At this pace, we may not get to Kuradeel's poisoning until episode 11. I can see them dragging out the next episode, maybe with some original material, and make the whole duel the second half of the episode. I think it would work better that way, actually; that way they can end episode 11 with Kirito's proposal, as opposed to making it a halfway point of its episode. A big moment like what works better as an episode-ender:

Episode 10: Part 1 - Buildup/leadup to duel, Part 2 - Kirito vs. Heathcliff duel
Episode 11: Part 1 - Kuradeell poisoning and KiriAsu kiss, Part 2 - Night at Asuna's and marriage proposal

Though the KiriAsu fanboy in me desires the faster version :

Episode 10: Part 1 - Kirito vs. Heathcliff duel, Part 2 - Kuradeel poisoning and KiriAsu kiss
Episode 11: Part 1 - Night at Asuna's and marriage proposal, Part 2 - Honeymoon

Don't have to wait another two weeks for true KiriAsu that way. But the former would be better storytelling and timing of material.

And there's no way the series will be dvided evenly 12/12 for SAO and Fairy Dance. With either of the episode plotting I listed above, they still have Yui, the next boss fight, the final battle against Heathcliff/Kayaba, and the KiriAsu scene as the SAO world is destroyed and the players are released. They can easily take a whole episode with Yui, and one episode would be ridiculously rushing for the rest of the content, so they could easily get to 14/15 with the SAO material. But there's no way the SAO arc will end right with episode 12.