View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 20:53   Link #17834
Marion
The Great Dine

I don't like that theory mainly because at this point in the game it's too big of a deus ex machina to throw. The idea of hiring a fake Battler doesn't make sense because

1) Kyrie and Rudolf think Kinzo is already dead. So why hire a fake to possibly please Kinzo when they think this?
2) We see a lot of Battler's inner thinking and there are detailed thoughts of things Kyrie and Rudolf likely wouldn't have knowledge of.
3) In EP 6 Kyrie mad no mention of wanting to kill Battler- her intent was only to murder Asumu and no one else. I doubt Rudolf realizes she wanted to kill Asumu, or else he would probably think twice about marrying her.

Furthermore your speculation is only based on red truths. The red text provides concrete details about the murders and so forth, but they do not provide anything on who the character is as a whole being. White text is essential to the 'Why Do It' because there isn't any red regarding motivations.

Besides it's clear in EP 7 that Yasu/Shannon/Whatever you wanna call her is just insane. She literally decides to blow up the island because Battler forgot about the promise. It's not that he didn't keep it, it's that he didn't remember it at all. This isn't something a person who is of sane mind would do. And yes I know some people are willing to forgive her, because if Bern is actually telling the truth about the true events (and that's a big 'What If'), then Yasu didn't kill anyone. Personally I don't because she still had the intent to blow everyone up if no one solved the epitaph that night, but that's an opinion.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote