Old 2010-06-27, 13:24   Link #11798
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentou View Post
Ushiromiya Battler was born from Ushiromiya Asumu
Ushiromiya Battler is not Ushiromiya Asumu's SON
Battler is not Asumu's SON

I propose this other Battler, if alive, is either Jessica or Piece Beatrice.
You are transforming the red text in here in a way that may actually not be valid. The actual reds are:

Beatrice: "I am the Golden Witch, Beatrice. And I opened this game in order to fight Ushiromiya Kinzo's grandchild Ushiromiya Battler."
Battler: "Ushiromiya Battler's mother is Ushiromiya Asumu. My name is Ushiromiya Battler. It was from Ushiromiya Asumu that Ushiromiya Battler was born."
Battler: "It was from Ushiromiya ~~Asumu that I was born.~~"
Beatrice - "You are not Ushiromiya Asumu's son."
Battler - "Ange is, ...my little sister."

Notice that "Ushiromiya Battler is not Ushiromiya Asumu's son" does NOT follow necessarily from this set if it refers to the Other Battler, so the Other Battler can still be male if it wants. In fact, no specific information about the Other Battler may be concluded other than that a creature like this has to exist or have existed. What does inevitably follow is:
  • This Battler, i.e. "I" and Ange share either a mother, or a father, or both. -- otherwise she couldn't be his little sister.
  • "I" was born from a woman named Ushiromiya because that's where his red cuts off.
The only ways this can happen if Ange is indeed Kyrie's daughter, which we have no reason whatsoever to doubt, is by This Battler being the son of Rudolf+Kyrie or Krauss+Kyrie or Rudolf+Eva, (Rosa is exempt by being too young, Natsuhi is pure and faithful) but everything beside Rudolf+Kyrie is so incredibly unlikely and nonsensical, that we should consider it proven that This Battler is the son of Rudolf+Kyrie. But that's beside the point.

We still can't say anything about the Other Battler, and the Other Battler is highly dangerous because it poisons the formal context -- no red that mentions Battler can be trusted while this monster is around.

There has to be some other clever way to solve the paradox of "My name is X but I am not X."

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote