View Single Post
Old 2013-04-27, 10:27   Link #165
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Sorry but I have to agree with Vallen Chaos Valiant about Tony's ass kicking ability in Iron Man 3 is not inconsistent.

We know from Iron Man 2 that he has already been training in combat focused mix martial arts, on top of that during Avengers he meets lots of physically superior superhumans/demi-gods who more than once makes fun of him about how he is nothing without his armour (heck even normal people like Hawkeye and Black Widow would remind Tony how he's not much help without his armour). I really don't think Tony in that one year after New York is just going to go "well I've got my armours and I'm going to make more of them!" and just going to shrug off that glaring physical weakness of his which is pointed out so many times - especially one of the point of Iron Man 3 is that he was preparing for war/invasion the entire time, it would be logical to think he'd been training his ass off just in the case where he would come across a situation where he would be without his suit, and just like that line he said in the movie - real man have backup plans (or something like that), and just relying on his suits is not a backup plan.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote