View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 05:55   Link #1118
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well this was an even weaker effort then last time I'm afraid to say. Half the songs are basically recycled remixes of ones from the first OST and the ones that aren't don't really inspire me much either. Again I think any credit with this OST should go to Nakajima and May'N. Moreseo the former. It's pretty clear to me that Yoko Kanno isn't even trying anymore, but then again I can't say I blame her. How much would you be incited to really put in the effort if you knew just by having your name on the cover that your OST was going to sell absurdly well. That's really the real problem I think.
You have got a pretty rigid view of music. The basic idea of having a remix is to hear a song in a different way. For example, Aimo OC is a very interesting remix of a previously melodic and soft Aimo. The great gusto in which the song is played is able to invoke more emotion.

Spoiler for Unecessary Information And Personal Opinion Of Aimo OC:

Even musicians run out of ideas, especially during crunch times (they released 2 albums in a few months with little space to imagine new pieces). Yoko Kanno is trying very hard to come up with great pieces such as Northern Cross and a totally rebuilt version of Ai Oboete Imasuka.

People want to try completely new things, but favouring invention over improvisation is going to make everyone hard to please. I do know some forms of remixes are totally pathetic because the listener can't feel the music, but IMO Yoko is able to change or even amplify how I feel about Macross's music.

Don't keep asking for new things, but rather, learn to view old things from a different perspective. That is why modifications exist right?

P.S No offense, but having a rigid view of music is one of the main causes of sound randomly thrown together for marketing. That is one of the reasons why I switched over from "Craptopop" recommended by my friends and trashy classical music to REAL music like this and metal respectively. The plague has gone too far till good music is hard to find nowadays.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2008-10-15 at 06:06.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote