View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 14:44   Link #2098
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
What I don't like is what some people's negative views regarding the show. The unjustified use of "the overrated plot-less moeblob" line is getting really annoying. K-On DOES have a plot. The moment that they decided to form a band, and reach for Budokan, that moment introduced the plot. People either don't see it, or just ignore it's existence.
The problem I see with K-ON, plot-wise, is that its stated main plot (forming a band, going to Budokan) and its actual main plot (the girls bonding as a club and as friends) aren't the same. Unlike, say, Lucky Star, which doesn't really establish a main plot, K-ON does, but it is missing from a large number of episodes, especially in season two, and is highly deemphasized in many of the episodes it does appear in (for example, S01E04 "Training Camp", despite the name, has only a few minutes where its even mentioned).

Now, if both of those themes interest you then you're just fine, but if you were drawn more by the music plot than by the characters, then of course you won't like K-ON when it doesn't focus on the music. So I think it's mostly a case of the show setting up unrealistic expectations. If less people went into it expecting the show to be highly music-oriented, less people would leave feeling betrayed.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote