View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 00:00   Link #2179
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
My feelings are mixed in which... the shoulda, coulda, woulda thing is kicking in.

Imagine how this series would have turned out if they planned like... a standard 26-episode run from the get-go, instead of this practice of "adding on" episodes. I mean: I can't complain too much 'cause we get more.

But still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think it's a question of both funding as well as the production committee being cautious (it's been close to three years since Saki after all, and the interest might not be there anymore). The studio team itself (being made up from what was left of Gonzo's original Saki) is obviously enthusiastic about the project, but this means zilch if the committee stonewalls on funding.
An additional factor which could be pretty relevant is the scriptwriting load on Ritz. As far as the current evidence shows, I think it would be safe to assume that all of the additional "filler"/anime-only material in the first season was written by Ritz herself. Given this is the case, an extension into a full 2-cour anime for Achiga would have required at least 8 episodes worth of material. Given that Ritz will have already produced something like 1600 pages worth of scripts (over ~1.5 years) for the current manga run of Achiga, on top of her own work for the main Saki manga, I don't know that requesting that much extra material would have been feasible.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote