View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 10:38   Link #695
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasahar17 View Post
This is a fascinating idea. Alternative IV actually didn’t go anywhere without the help of Takeru. From a certain POV, it was a massive resource sink that really didn’t do anything worthwhile. It would be cool to show Alternative V in a more positive light too.
In all fairness, when I first read about the Alternative Plans, I actually thought Alternative V was more practical, as Alternative IV had no results and at the time Alt V was proposed, there was nothing to suggest that a mass deployment of G-bombs would totally fuck over the survivors.

Quote:
Actually wavehawk has a very good point. This could work as a very good crossover idea. I know canonically AIs haven’t been developed by Muv Luv humanity, but what if they did have some?

We could easily have the sentient AI accidentally arise by a miscalculation by Yuuko when she’s designing from the XM3 OS or some Project Prominence side project. A Johnny Five ‘act of god’ lighting strike might work as well. Hell, you could even handwave it that the Ai doesn’t even know how it become sentient, just one day it woke up and knew it was alive. The point is that the TSF is now sentient, and might just be one of the few things that meet the BETA criteria of ‘sentient life’ on the whole goddamn planet.

The implications of Yuuya having a sentient Shiranui and Luna now having a Typhoon who actually loves her back aside, this crossover could very well be awesome in the right hands since it mixes everything that was cool about Yukikaze with the world of Muv Luv.
There was a photo somewhere in one of these threads that summed up the situation:

I HAVE CONTROL.
GOOD LUCK LT. BRIDGES.

And then there's this:

Spoiler for Friend or Foe?:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote