View Single Post
Old 2009-06-30, 10:34   Link #614
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I 've only played through in English so far so that's all I can speak for (I actually hate dubs generally but I left the English on for gameplay purposes in case there was any important dialog not subbed). I saw a few instances where the subtitles in cutscenes were slightly off from what the character actually said. (This would make more sense if these subtitles were just the direct translation from the Japanese but for the most part they seemed to mirror the English dialog, so I don't think this is the case). Also a couple lines seemed pretty out of place for the animation accompanying them. For example Edy's crouching kill animation makes her look relieved, but she still says the same "that's what you get!" line in a mocking tone that she says for her normal animation. Is this just a side effect of crappy dubbing or does she say the same line in Japanese too?

As far as typos though, those always jump right off the page/screen at me but I don't really remember any here. Recently both Star Ocean 4 and Fallout 3 had a lot, but I think I saw one at most in this game.

Minor stuff though, this is easily the best RPG I have played in the last 2 years.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote