View Single Post
Old 2012-01-14, 13:39   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_mccormik View Post
I think I totally would have preferred this alternative version of Fate over F/SN. When I heard that Type-Moon changed genders around, it seems like they made considerations based on target fan demographics over telling a good story.

The whole explanation of female Saber's background alone is a huge clusterf**k. How does a king get away with hiding her gender for that long? Magic? And Mordred was born from Saber when she magically got transformed temporarily into a male? What?

I don't know. I just can't take female Saber as seriously when I think too hard about it. It just doesn't pass fridge logic.

There's also this one screenshot of prototype Gilgamesh that is totally awesome, because the blood on his face makes him look kinda like Kratos from God of War. http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/ima...ype_Archer.png

But if they ever *do* get Fate/Prototype green-lit they seriously need Gen Urobochi to finish the script. That man is a genius.
it wasn't so much as hiding her gender as most people just ignore it. People were sick and tire of the civil war and getting raid by the vikings and the Normans.