View Single Post
Old 2013-08-23, 21:34   Link #32883
jjblue1

I've been wondering if it's possible that, at the start of the game, Yasu make sure everyone minus Battler will be her accomplice hiring them separately, then, according to how things go kills off the unncessary accomplices.

I'll explain myself better. We know that in her planning Yasu takes into consideration that things might not go as she originally planned, for example in EP 1 Natsuhi had a scorpion charm on her door, in EP 2 Jessica might not have left the group and so on.

Beatrice herself said that:
Quote:
"......I formed my plan with great care and constructed several alternatives. I envisioned all of the actions you might take from tonight and through tomorrow...and prepared a mystery to deal with each of those. .........I'm afraid I cannot reveal those at this point, but it really was a tightly-knit set of pleasant closed room murders."
The best way to do so would be to have everyone as accomplice right from the beginning.

We know she hired Kumasawa and Gohda telling them it was a joke and offering them money (Our confession).

About the adults she could have hired all of them but not at the same time but hiring each couple separately.
We know from EP 8 manga version she tattled things out to them about Kinzo and Krauss but it's possible she contacted them separately. In Ep 5 we see Hideyoshi suggested Kinzo had already passed away... while Rudolf knows about his financial problems.

Let's assume it was Yasu who contacted Hideyoshi giving him that info without revealing her identity and promising him money in exchange for his cooperation as long as he keeps the fact she is the one who told this to him for himself and Eva, although he's free to share the info with the other siblings.
Then she does the same with Rudolf.
Rosa might have been blackmailed by mentioning Beatrice's death.
We know she might have decided to blackmail Krauss and Natsuhi together (Our confession) or separately (Ep 5).

Anyway we've all the siblings willing to help Yasu without knowing they're all in. Then she might decide to reveal to them all the truth or just to some. Ep 4 & 2 might have them all knowing she's willing to give them the gold if they'll do something for her while Ep 1, 3 & 5 might have the siblings still bribed but unaware they're all under her orders.

In this way if she's forced to change the plan and needs to off an accomplice she'll have another ready.

Maria is likely in as she believes/want to believe in Beatrice and the golden land. Though maybe deep down she thinks it's just a game and Beato is using tricks to make them look dead... which might explain Ep 3. In it Yasu thought to kill only Beatrice and that Maria will side with her (Our confession tells us dividing the two who're close doesn't necessarily mean to kill them) but something clicks in Maria as she sees her mother is dead and she refuses to play their witch game any longer forcing Beato to kill her as well (I've the feeling that Maria isn't that dumb/pure, she just wants to believe so much she deceive herself so well she believes in her own deception).

Jessica and George can be in if they're tricked into believing it's a game, which likely would explain Jessica's phone call in Ep 4 or them playing dead in Ep 5.

Funny enough the harder to get involved are Nanjo and Genji.

Nanjo is a doctor. While all the others can believe that it's all a game and the dead ones are merely playing dead very well thanks to a good make up Nanjo should realize people is dead for real and they're not fake corpses or people pretending to be dead which should either scare him into understanding it's not just a game or made him say something along the line of 'we've to stop the game because this guy died for real'.

A good option can be that Yasu bought him by promising him money to save his grandaughter. Theoretically she could have also blackmailed him using the fact he helped Beatrice Castiglioni, or how he was an accomplice in the Kuwadorian Beatrice matter or how he hid Kinzo's death. Even both might work: do what I say and I help you, don't and I'll ruin you. Still he would have a great advantage compared to the siblings as he would know Yasu is behind this.

The last is Genji. He doesn't seem the type that would sell himself for money. He should have affection for Kinzo's children and grandchildren. He tried to save Yasu from having the same destiny as her mother sort of defying Kinzo to protect Yasu and now... he's willing to let her kill everyone? Did he believe it was all a game? Somehow the more the game progresses the harder it seems to do it and Genji lived quite a bit in Ep 1 & 3. But maybe yes, he decided he wanted to believe Yasu it was all a game.

Also, about Beatrice Castiglioni.
The fantasy narrative in Ep 3 insists that Beatrice felt flattered by Kinzo's feelings for her but never loved him and so he trapped her using his power and in hope to be released killed herself. This seems to suggest the first Beatrice never loved Kinzo but ended up trapped by him.

Maybe when Kinzo planned to have the Japanese and the Italians go against each other it's possible Beatrice had been sort of an accomplice (the narrative said she garanted him the gold) as she was worried her countrymen would take for themselves the gold same as Kinzo's countrymen wanted to do so she might have turned to him for help maybe thinking he'll do something to stop them.

I'm not sure she planned to have things get that far and for herself to become Kinzo's hidden lover as the whole situation is way more beneficial for Kinzo than for her, exhiled in a foreign land with people talking a foreign language, tied to a man who's already married and that doesn't plan to ask divorce to marry her, not even later on when she'll be pregnant and that's using the gold for his own purposes.

Also I wonder if Kinzo really planned to die physically. He said he wanted to cut his strings and that there was a gap between him as Ushimorimya head and his mind. Can it be he wanted to kill just Kinzo the Ushiromiya head and not himself.

Maybe he planned to be sent to the frontlines and escape or let others think he was dead but his plan didn't work as he ended up on Rokkenjima. Which would explain much more easily why he would want the Italian gold so to get back in control of his own life.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote