View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 05:34   Link #20
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Roughly 10 years ago it was cool to hate a kid's show such as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh for examples.
Whilst not directly answering your question, I sort've had the opposite experience with Pokémon when growing up. I liked it to start off with, then I found out it had a repeating nature (i.e. tournament after tournament), coupled with the expanding number of new creatures; apparently 150/151 were just not enough to sustain an endless anime.

Now this was the era of the VHS recorder, and so my brother & I were taping shows whilst we were at school. He convinced me to start recording/watching Babylon 5 instead (on a different TV channel), and I pretty quickly picked up that a show/book/comic/whatever with a pre-scripted ending was going to provide a superior experience to any endless show jammed with repetitions and filler .

So, to this day I have an aversion to any anime which looks like it doesn't have an ending; Hayate I think is the only exception to that, but then I only watched it for the comedy, not the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
We're adults. We do whatever the fuck we want with our free time, and if we want to watch shows aimed at kids, we will.
Pretty much this. So long as you're not being annoying about your hobbies (i.e. broadcasting them to an audience that isn't interested), then nobody will care what you watch/do outside of work.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote