View Single Post
Old 2009-01-07, 05:42   Link #268
Domo
それで便座カーバー!

Location: Australia. The land of slow broadband speeds and non-existant anime DVD retailers.
Send a message via MSN to Domo
Just joined Anime-suki after much lurking and I've decided to give my two cents on Kanon.

Overall I gave Kanon a solid 9/10.
If I had compared Kanon to other animes I've seen, I would have given it a lower score, but this is not a comparison thread but a view on Kanon itself.

It's animation is crisp and beautiful, its voice actors fitted the characters they were represented and overall, the theme of 'miracles' was symbolised at Kanon's climatic ending.

All of the girl's arcs were touching in one aspect or another, and each could have stood strongly as an individual story. However, the only reason why I gave Kanon a lowered score of 9 is due to the fact, some scenes, particularly in the earlier episodes, I felt the show was unwatchable and lacked drive. The kissing scene was somewhat out of the blue for me.

As a result of these points, I enjoyed Kanon but I could have easily slept through some of the episodes. Hence, Kanon has earnt a well-deserved score of 9.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote