View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 01:45   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I would question whether this was the worst arc in the series considering there aren't many happy and fun events like the cooking contest or the quiz show (aside from the hot springs). However, I would have to concur with pretty much everything else you've said.

Mayaka's arc had some interesting happenings but felt cut short. I'm hoping there would be some sort of continuation to conclude her character development (even if it's only her by herself thinking), otherwise, it would just look like some sort of filler.

But um ya... Chitanda... What was the point in all that? It probably could've had some meaning, but maybe it was just executed poorly? She doesn't need to know how to persuade people like Irisu... She already has her own effective way of doing that _without_ making the other party feel like shit.
I really don't get where you people get the idea that Chitanda's good at persuasion. She nags. It works when the other party has too much goodwill for her not to oppose a firm refusal and run away from her. It didn't work against the newspaper guy, or Tanabe.

And while Irisu's method made Houtarou feel like shit, it was mostly due to circumstances and Houtarou being a freak. In most cases, a girl having "expectations" of a guy will make him feel good, whether she overstates or understates some things or not.