View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 16:29   Link #191
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
OK, I am pondering the whole meaning behind Noe's conversation with her brother Jun. She stated that she would not have hurt his feelings if she knew what his true feelings for her were. What does that mean? She would not have gone out with Shin'ichiro or doe that mean she would have accepted in the incestious relationship?
I agreed with most of the other stuff you said as well as with relentlessflame on that issue.

As to this I think Noe means that she would have handled his feelings properly instead of not noticing them fester and watching him force his relationship with Hiromi.

In some sense she always assumed that everything Jun did for her, which was virtually every action he undertakes since has 0 feelings for Hiromi as confirmed by the final episode, he did as an older brother looking out for her. The reality of course was that he does everything for her because he loves her in the romantic sense and is trying to support her developing feelings for Shin.

Personally I think the most fitting explanation is that she would have just turned him down and then relied on her own strength earlier instead of waiting until the very end to make her own friends and move away from her brother's protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
This is the first episode I can't give a rating to... I seriously thought Shin wanted to be with Noe and yet he ended up with Hiromi. I'm really confused atm. I suppose the ending was nice but didn't really fit.
I can understand why you're confused since his feelings did "waver" in some sense as his father's had all that time ago, but I'd just let it sit for a while and then possibly rewatch it. He had resolved in episode 10-11 to end up with Hiromi romantically, but he had feelings that he had developed for Noe that were hard for him to resolve. Noe means a lot to Shin in terms of him being able to fly and really be the best that he can be as well as making his heart race in some sense, but he has to close that off so he can be with Hiromi since that's who he chose to love since he wanted to be the one to brush away Hiromi's tears.

Either way it's complex, it's messy, and it does tear Shin up to have to resolve the whole thing, but this episode is basically what had to be coming since he did have feelings for both of the girls but could only preserve his feelings for one of them.