View Single Post
Old 2008-12-18, 16:35   Link #92
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
We want people with no life. No seriously. We want others who have participated in a tournament before, so the best would be to get people from SaiMoe (impossible) and Best Moe (maybe), since there's a better chance those people know more anime. Trying to get voters on forums is sadly very inefficient because many of the forums are show-specific or genre-specific. Of course, campaigning on forums is generally effective, as we can see from LSF.

PS: 4chan works too as having people with no life (like us).
To be honest, KholdStare's right, and probably the reason why the 2008 roster was tightly lopsided to KyoAni was because of my initial planting seeds on forum boards, only to see that the only forum board worth mentioning for SaiMoe is AnimeSuki itself, hence the inexperience by many voters, the lack of strong fanbases from particular candidates (I'm looking at you, Desu-chan), the domination and double necklaces (God), and so forth commenced in 2008.

Unfortunately, probably the ONLY way we can hit a truly experienced international fanbase without having to hire the many translators is a promotional video, and that is extremely hard for us personally given that ISML actually has a theme as opposed to the fixed voting form only in Saimoe Japan that gives free range to their AMVs. I mean, given how this contest actually has a storyline to work with, I would actually have to get somebody from Kyoto Animation and pay him half a million dollars to even get the promotional video ten percent accurate of what I had in mind, and unfortunately, the best I got is KholdStare and his quote unquote, "(expletive) Vista" slowing down creation time.

I mean, if someone has TWICE the skills as the guy who makes the Saimoe Japan videos, I'd love to have his help, but he still wouldn't have the skills to duplicate a tiara or make animations with seven necklaces in 3D, which is really, in this case... needed. I mean, promotional videos are nice, but for ISML personally, that's tough...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have someone make a promotional video, but half of what I want is pretty much new content, so I would have to be VERY lenient on people if they wanted to try.