View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 00:11   Link #97
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I don't get why people remain so keen on comparing the Fate heroic spirits to the original mythologies and pointing out the disparities between the two, sometimes implying those somehow detract from the Fate characters in some way. Both Nasu and Urobuchi have said numerous times that their policy is to use the original mythology just as a basic foundation for ideas. A mere surface basis, if you will, for their own and ultimately new and unique characters. You'd think genderbent King Arthur would make that obvious enough, but for some reason it seems people sometimes still expect a rigorous level of historical/mythological accuracy, which I personally feel would just make the characters much too predictable and boring. It's a lot more interesting seeing new twists on old tales rather than just seeing them plainly rehashed all over again.
Because it's hilarious to point out the differences, Alexander turning from a mass murdering rapist into your cool big bro, Arthur loosing his testicles, Medea becoming a fujoshi (well that is not so inaccurate)... though the rest of the legend/history I am familiar with was pretty much accurate, Hercules (thank you Nasu for not latinizing his name) is true to his legend... just growling and killing, Bluebeard, well he was a serial killer, and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is "Gae" a surname for something?

The F/Z Lancer has two spears with "Gae" in its name, and the F/SN Lancer has a Gae Blog.
Quick search and if I can recall the extremely very little gaelic I remember from my grandmother it must be accurate, though I had more in mind in mind advance, either as verb or noun, so non-inbred Celts could help out more... I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
How many spears did Gae make? lol.
Also, Sabre seems to be a fan of getting hit by them.
Gae is not a person (see above) or at least I think he isn't... could be in Nasu-verse

As for Sabre she has very high resistance to physical and magical damage so she can take calculated risks, that's when she calculates correctly... obviously not the case with the latest episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And Kiriya-Oji-san is going to finally make a reappearance?
I thought maybe he died and was left to rot in the garbage dump, shown in the OP. (kidding)
Kiriya dead... Pedro, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Anyway, I have no bloody clue what servant he summoned and then turned him insane... given the ED I go with Lancelot or The Black Night (Monty Python's anyone :ihoh, unless it is The Loch Ness Monster, and that knight is just for show in front of the loch sorry, lake

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-10-23 at 00:18. Reason: merging
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote