View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 23:03   Link #30050
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's just silly to ask someone to prove objectively the mental state of a fictional character. You can't do it. You can't even begin to do it. The only thing Battler could do is exactly what he did, which is why it was stupid to begin with. What else was he going to come up with?
Well, contrary to how Evatrice presented it ... the fact that she presented it as a riddle carries the assumption that some kind of reasonable "solution" has been properly hinted towards, anyway. Though you're right that it's really odd, and probably a good thing Ryu never tried it again.

Well, it's interesting, anyway. Erika almost brings up something similar ("There weren't even wounds on their necks..? So why did Battler scream?!") but she's immediately blind-sided by Gaap about the issue with Kinzo before pursuing it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
But the narrative convenience is something that only PrimeYasu (or PrimeTohya or whoever is writing the story) should worry about.
Not entirely true ... PieceYasu is also constructing a murder mystery, right..? Putting aside issues of "well, the author just MADE it that way", sometimes certain victims are just, y'know, far more convenient to get to and attack, or bribe away in certain circumstances. It's sort of like how Nanjo has never been First Twilighted, presumably because she wants him around to talk some "As a doctor, I've never SEEN anyone as dead as this!" stuff.

If you're asking me to specify Piece Yasu's motive in detail, well, I can't really do that. At best, I only have the vague ideas of "roulettes of fate" and whatnot and at worst, I'd almost call it incomprehensible. I have NO idea what Piece Yasu would have WANTED to have happen, outside of maybe Battler immediately solving the epitaph, remembering his promise, and spending the rest of the conference making out with her in front of everybody.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote