Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 09:46   Link #1748
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
What I don't get is why you're insisting on black king. The sword wasn't black, if you look at it in other shots (such as the scene with two naked Shiros) it's gray-ish. Which is pretty much the closest to "colorless" you can get without using white, but that's Shiro/Weissmann's color.

As for Kurou, one, he said himself that his master Miwa was the former Colorless King. He's a bit dumb but not so stupid as to mistake his former King's color. (Btw, Miwa being a Colorless King is also confirmed by supplementary materials.) Also, his sword is not black, the sheath is. And his nickname, that's a play on words: his name has the kanji for "dog" and it sounds similar to "kuro"="black" (except Kurou's name has a long "o"). Hence, black dog. Kurou has a black theme as a contrast with Shiro's white. Not saying he can't end up as a Black King, but as for his master, it was Colorless.
omg u say who this:

is gray??? and this( even if this dark color is"gray"(omg u need change your glasses fast or start to use one) gray not = to white):

look to the "black aura" around the sword, blue sword with a light blue aura, silver sword with a silver aura, black sword with a black aura, strange sword with a red aura, u know the black's definition?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
"K" was a decent series overall. Excellent animation and voice work, interesting setting. The main problem was that the setting was too grandiose and the cast too large for a one-cours series. They didn't have time to explore all of the characters (I know that a lot of them are featured in the side novels but I am talking about the anime only).
I would've especially liked a flashback about Reisi and Mikoto's friendship, because it was weird seeing Reisi being so worried for Mikoto when we never saw them on friendly terms before.
Also, they mentioned seven Kings but the Green one and the White(?) one never showed up. This violates one of the golden rules of storytelling. I hope we'll get to see them in the second season.

I found the ending a bit too predictable, almost by-the-book. The Red King died as foreshadowed since the first episode; Shiro sacrificed himself to kill the Fox as expected (although he is definitely going to come back some way).
We never knew the Colorless King's original identity or why he became so obsessed with power. He wasn't a very compelling villain and the last-ditch effort to make him pitiable didn't work for me.

Concluding, I enjoyed the show and will definitely follow the second season but K won't get into my Top 10 anime list of 2012.
I think like shiro told the fox king backfire driven him insane, him constantly absorbing soul (who become a sort of second consciousness), make him forget who he is true and maybe he absorbed some bad "guys" too, givim him a evil side.

definitly K entered on mine top 10 animes of this season in second place, first place being chuunibyou, a fun factor is see who some ppls on the start claimed this anime being a trash a total homo promo and now who he ended i dont see no one come and still saying the same or even say who this anime is yaoi.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-28 at 10:09.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote