View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 15:38   Link #4995
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
well, I don't think there's a need to be rude to them however much I may or may not agree with what you said

And to be fair, without following this thread or knowing exactly where to find translations, it's hard to know what's going on in FT, a lot of fans probably don't know exactly, or just heard something somewhere. There's a great deal of hearsay and uncertainty about what is going on outside of this forum.

I think a lot of people were upset about what happened to their ships in 2xHilde, 5xSally and have voiced that opinion somewhere in this thread, so they have the right to be upset about 1xR too- I am too, just for different reasons (I don't ship them). Imo, that's in theory as legitimate a complaint as any other.
Unless I missed something and they posted pages over pages of shippy whining, then scratch what I just said

Btw... I don't care about the plot of FT at this point either- does anyone?!
Shipping has no place in intelligent conversation. Especially Wufei and Sally. They showed absolutely no romantic interest in each other. Wufei spent all of Wing mourning his wife. Even in this novel he continues to name his suits after her. Sally talked about Heero more than Wufei in the show. I really don't get their anger though since Kathy is probably Wufei's daughter anyway. The dialog when they are together and the way she acts around him shows something. He wont even look her in the eye for some reason. She was the only one who was able to get him to use the Zero System. But they wouldn't know that because they haven't read it. Duo and Hilde had a kid too. So what if they broke up? They'll probably get back together eventually since he actually being responsible for his son now and doing something with himself. If people get upset at the novel because it turned their ideal happy romances into something else they need to go read Shoujo instead of Shonen. No Gundam series has ever ended in happy romance outside of like G and X. MSG didn't really have romance for Amuro. Kamille didn't get happy romance. Judau got dumped eventually. Victory was about a child. G had Domon get a happy ending. Heero and Relena did not end up together. But honestly. Does anyone expect Heero Yuy of all people to settle down or tell someone he loves them? X was about Garrod being in love with Tifa. She was his whole motivation the whole show. Kira didn't get a happy romantic ending. Shinn didn't get a happy romantic ending. Setsuna didn't hook up with Feldt or Marina. Flit lost the girl he was in love with. Gundam is not about happy romance at all. It seems like people are into this for the wrong reasons. Shipping instead of politics and robots. It's like people that ship the guys together but obviously haven't seen the show. Heero and Duo was an extremely popular pairing yet they barely spent any time together in Wing. Heero spent the most time with either Quatre or Trowa. Trowa from 12 to like 25 and Quatre from like 25 to like 35. Duo and Heero hung out like once or twice in the series and then that spot in Endless Waltz. 3x4 is the only male on male pairing that had any chance of happening in the first place since they never really had girls in the show. The novel even made them not be married or have kids of any kind.

You shouldn't whine about something you haven't read, played, watched, witnessed etc. Secondhand information is often twisted each time it is passed along. Hilde being dead is still a common complaint whenever Frozen Teardrop is brought up even though she is alive.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote