View Single Post
Old 2007-03-18, 14:41   Link #78
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokaburi View Post
>in best kun kun voice< the mystery of the english cast thickens...

ANN doesn't list anyone for the main cast of series 1 any more, but still lists julie ann taylor as suiseiseki in series 2... (go figure)

but...

wikipedia says, that julie ann taylor is playing souseiseki... which makes way more sense than her playing desu... since her voice is more reserved, and more adult it's a pretty good match...

all is not lost for suiseiseki either, since wiki' says, that reba west is doing her voice... again, that makes way more sense... since she's played that many whacked out 'on drugs' characters in the past, she'll be perfect for 'desu'...
Just to note, I am the one who has been entering some of the information in on Wikipedia and ANN. I found a bit on Julie Ann Taylor voicing Suiseiseki listed on her website under "Current Projects". However, I had a Geneon rep reply on AoD saying that she was probably confused and her character didn't appear until Vol. 2 (Suiseiseki should be in Vol. 1 with Geneon's release).

Later on, I was listening to the Space Station Liberty podcast interview with Rebecca Forstadt, and at the beginning of the second part of that she mentioned that she had been voicing Suiseiseki in Rozen Maiden. Taken what I got above (given that Souseiseki is the only major character introduced in Vol. 2, I think, and the only one that could get confused anyway, due to their similar names), I think that means Julie Ann Taylor is voicing Souseiseki. At least, I don't think Forstadt would be voicing Souseiseki. :P

Kind of crazy, but it's neat finding out some of that stuff since I'm really looking forward to owning the R1 release and trying out the dub. I'm VERY happy that Geneon has licensed it, and I hope that they and Bang Zoom! treat the series well. As far as the twins are concerned (if my deduction above are correct on their VA's), I think the casting is pretty good. I'm a big fan of Reba West's work (particularly Rena in Hand Maid May and Tima in Metropolis) and haven't gotten to hear her much lately, so I thought that was pretty cool. I haven't heard much of Julie Ann Taylor at this point, but I have pretty good vibes from her previous work (and she's had an experience voicing young male roles before - which I think it is good since Souseiseki has a pretty boyish demeanor)