View Single Post
Old 2006-04-23, 02:13   Link #52
Morph

Smile Memories~!

What a lovely thread talking of the past and all ~! I joined #Elite-Fansubs near the beginning of '02 as a timer and typesetter. At that time, loae666 was the main translator, and he left after an disagreement with devilray concerning... something. Without translator, the #E-F sorta fell apart. Loae formed his own group, #Real-Fansubbers, to continue translating HnG.

I stopped typesetting/karaoking/whatever after doing the crazy special for SaiKano with gazillion signs. And haven't really regretted since ~ I'm better suited for leeching!

A couple days ago, I went to look around at what's new in the process of fansubbing, and it's really gotten a lot better with new software like AegiSub. Although I wouldn't say the quality has improved that dramatically especially with non-DVD sources for the past 4 years I would say the process has gotten easier -- a good thing!

Ah, I also remember the era of when TextSub plug was still new to everyone. I don't recall, but it might've been an effect on the op/ed that seemed humanly impossible to do in one of HnK releases, and I went on the holy grail quest to find out how it was done. Then I wrote a FAQ, but no one read it... heh. I also tried to teach others how karaoking is done, but no one read that either.

Still, the world of digifansubbing never missed a step, with or without me ~ hell, I think it got better without me! My successor (SakuraLan I think...) in R-F made her karaoke much better than mine! Really pretty and went with the song completely So, as I leech on happily, I appreciate the work everyone here put forth! I always watch each dancing karaoke with fascination, and the lovely moving text that syncs with the moving sign so nicely!

It's unfortunately most leechers don't understand how much work is needed to put out each single episode ~ ah well... life goes.

As a contribution to the thread other than the 2 HnG cut op karaokes, here's the very first anime I saw on computer ~! A #HQA@EFNet release! Enjoy!
Morph is offline   Reply With Quote