View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 13:58   Link #267
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
I think the older Shouko actually looks better. A bit on the thin side perhaps, but the long hair and slightly more mature look really works for her. Hiro on the other hand really let himself go.
Hear, hear. To tell the truth, pre-chibi!Shouko was, no wait, is still one of the primary attractions for me in this show. I know it sounds boorish and shallow of me, but its true; I do freely admit that I find long-figured women with a mature mind very attractive, even if it were a bit on the cynical side.

In response to the above: In the past, a signature I made from screenshots of Honey and Clover (Rika and Hanamoto-sensei, to be specific) garnered me several private messages asking about what anime it was. I suppose if a few of us here put in a little effort to promote this overlooked gem, it could do a great deal to raise its profile, here and elsewhere.

*Goes off to make a new sig*

I very much look forward to how Shouko and Hiro's past relationship will be revealed to Karada (assuming, probably, that she will learn of it). Will Hiro tell her after she confronts him? That seems more likely that Shouko telling her herself, as it does not seem fitting of her character to place the guilt on Karada, despite her initial hostility towards the little girl for whom Hiro dumped her.