View Single Post
Old 2024-04-07, 00:23   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've gotta say, the Mayu and Yuki backstory was really touching. This is a rare time where I'm so ready for them to let the next Cure join the team that I'm starting wonder what the heck the show is waiting for! Let's go already!

They gave that flashback all the time it needed though and I appreciate that. Lot of time spent on having Mayu slowly build up connection and trust. Even spreading solid advice that you have to be careful with strays. But all that effort to build a connection paid off big time. Leaving the hat helped severely to get Yuki through that storm. And it was just a sweet moment where Yuki dragged that darn thing all the way to go and see Mayu under her own power. The power of connection helped set these two on a good path.

One real strength of this season is the main cast. They have pretty much cut out the idea of antagonists, but at least they are doing something with that screentime. The bond between Iroha/Komugi and Mayu/Yuki is what drives the show. The show is going all in on that connection between people and pets. That's something easy to get behind and I'm all for it.