View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 19:31   Link #2267
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Why is Shkanon special? <- Silly point. Magical characters are dismissed as false by default, Beatrice needed to create credible characters to make it work.
Only because she manipulated Battler into such distrust. If she's trying to make him move toward the truth, backhandedly doing what she was trying to get him to not do makes no sense.
Quote:
What does it solve? <- It explains what is the dirty trick used by Beatrice.
There is no mention, ever, of a dirty trick used by Beatrice. Ryukishi said he put a "dirty trick" in. Him, the author.
Quote:
How does it make the murders and rooms easier to explain? <- You are using a preposterous logic. By demonstrating that "X doesn't explain everything" you try to claim that "X doesn't explain anything". Who are you trying to fool with that apart yourself?
And you are being disingenous and putting words in my mouth. I never suggested that Shkanon must explain everything to explain anything. But no one, ever, ever, has been able to point to one killing in ep1-4 that is made easier by Shkanon, or one logistical means Shkanon makes easier, rather than harder. I can and have pointed to a half-dozen contradictions which make it harder on Shkanon if anyone knows about her secret, and several people would almost have to.
Quote:
How does it explain their on-board motive? <- Beatrice's motive is quite clear! She exists for the sole purpose of loving Battler and being loved by him, but she's less than a human and she cannot be seen without love. Forcing Battler to understand what furnitures are how they come to existence and why is a way to make him acknowledge and understand her own existence.
Beatrice does not exist on the board. There is a "Beatrice," but Meta-Beatrice != "Beatrice." You're dodging the issue. Again.
Quote:
Why is Meta-Beatrice protecting it from Battler? <- Protecting it?! Quite the contrary that's the very thing she wants him to understand!
It's important and sensitive enough he has to figure it out rather than simply being told. Why?
Quote:
Why is he so sad when he figures it out? <- What the hell are you talking about?
So Battler's morose realization in ep5 and strange behavior in ep6 are just a random thing, now? He's realized something of great importance. Why is Shkanon so important?
Quote:
Why is Meta-Battler protecting it from Bernkastel? <- You kidding me right? By exposing the true nature of a furniture you kill them.
I... don't remember that coming up... ever? And Bern is perfectly content with trying to kill Beatrice directly. She doesn't need Shkanon to do it.
Quote:
Why would Bernkastel care? <- See above
It doesn't work.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error