View Single Post
Old 2011-01-31, 15:47   Link #227
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Exactly,for exemple if the MG become wishes theory is correct,the wisher would become a wish since she'd have no grief seed to purify her soul gem and the cycle would start all over again.
This statement, which I've seen repeated again and again, relies on two assumptions:

#1. That a soul gem would darken even without use.
#2. That an MG can become a wish.

Neither of which has been proven. But as long as we're making assumptions that can't be supported, I can advance the opposite: That soul gems only darken when used and that witches are only born from normal humans.

Of course, neither one of us can prove either one, but at least I recognize that. ^_~

Quote:
You forgot to wish for no MG powers to hurt you,so watch out if MG like Kyoko unite against you and take you down
Heh, true. But such an MG would live far longer than other MG's. How about: "I wish I was immune to any witch or magical girl power or ability."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
The problem lies with the fact that we don't know WHY the grief seeds are needed. If the common guess that its used to prevent becoming a witch well, totoum already addressed this
Uh, not quite. Mami says that the grief seeds remove the darkness from a soul gem, which darkens when it is used.

Quote:
Or? Hmm isn't that 2 wishes? But lets go with this one.

Humanity lives without witches?
Granted. All witches banished for 1 day. They return after that. What? You never said anything about time limits

No need for magical girls? No problem, granted. Next stop magical guys!
You're actually being pedantic, while missing the forest for the trees. Sure, these wishes can be stated better... the whole point was: Why has no MG ever wished for these things before? If world resets and time travel are possible, then so should every wish I've mentioned. Who cares if they even have problems? They would have at least been attempted.

And in fact, all I need to do to cure your pendatry, is add the term "forevermore" or something to them. As in "Humans immune to witched forever" or "immune to witches and MG powers forever" etc. Problem solved.

So, you want to go pedantic again? Or do you want to address the actual issue? Hint: It has to do with these being possible because your time travel/world reset is possible. That was the only point I wanted to make.

Quote:
totoum already gave one way to screw your wish.
Other easy choices: Absolutely you would get frozen instead. Hey you're not harmed. In fact lets throw in immortality while your frozen as a bonus

Unharmed sure, no problem. Oh forgot to tell you that the grief seeds don't drop for you. Side effect. Sorry!

You're not harmed? Ok no problem! Your closest friend/family takes the hit instead.
We've seen nothing that indicates such random effects are added to wishes. Indeed, the two we have seen, haven't had anything of the sort. In short, you're pulling things from your ass because you want me to be wrong, then from any sort of logical basis. I'd suggest saving this line of thought for if/when the show actually shows that wishes add such completely random and extra effects. When/if they occur, then you'll actually have an argument.

Quote:
You probably never played D&D before. This is actually par for course when casting a wish spell. Those who played it know to write down their wish on paper and close all loopholes. I doubt most of the mahou shoujos have the time to do this
It only takes one. Statistically probability states that, given enough MG's and wishes, one will eventually make that wish. You may wish to look up the monkey on a typewriter theorem.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote