View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 15:06   Link #32
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
An early recap was inevitable given the distance between season 2 and 3's airing. Would you rather have a recap at the end of the season? Best to get it out of the way now.
What? Loaded question.

How about no recap at all? If people are really that clueless about what happened, then they can always refer to season 1 or 2. Plenty of series do not bother recapping.

However, the episode wasn't really that much of a recap. Yes they used recycled footage, but it wasn't a straight replaying of events. They were actually relevant to setting up Yuji's mindset. The intent was not to replay events, and I would say it wouldn't help if I didn't watch the previous seasons. The first half was mostly new material and there was some in the 2nd half.

A flat out stock footage fest would have gotten 1-2/10 from me, but I think this is just not the case. It would have been nice to reanimate stuff though...

I would say it does get boring, but hey, given the nature of the episode, people might feel like their time is being wasted. I didn't, but you have to admit many people would rather the story move forward more.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews