View Single Post
Old 2007-08-04, 15:09   Link #8
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

The only opposing arguments I've ever heard against random people killing heroes is that was the way it has always been *aside* from warcraft 3. In warcraft 2, you had to kill Guldan with a bunch of ogres (or so I've heard). Because of the "mechanics", warcraft 3 was the exception due to the entire hero system.

In one way, this is sort of true considering that in starcraft, Fenix got pwnt by a bunch of zergies, and later by some more zergies. Duke also got pwnt in his battlecruiser by some zergies when you have to save him, and then by some more zergies (when you kill him). Kerrigan didn't actually lay a finger on either one.

However, even in starcraft, there were instances of heroes killing equally godlike figures. Tassadar killing the overmind, Kerrigan killing Aldaris, Zeratul killing the matriarch, Duran killing Stukov...

On the whole, though, I do agree that just as in gundam, the only thing that should take down a gundam is another gundam. On the same note, only a hero should kill another hero. To just have some of our favorite figures downed like that is, in my opinion, stupid.

I still can't swallow the fact that something the burning legion couldn't do, something Maiev couldn't do, something Arthas didn't do...was now done by a bunch of anonymous morons out on looting raids (Illidan).

And it's even HARDER to swallow the fact that something NOBODY HAD A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL OF DOING aside from Illidan who fell short (and who was easily the most superpowered character to date aside from the demonlords) is now going to be done by a bunch of anonymous morons out on looting raids (Arthas).

I wonder what blizzard will milk next...kill Kiljaeden, who before he dies resurrects Sargeras, who releases some next higher power?

Seriously, this garbage needs to be retconned.