View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 19:17   Link #4199
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Seems like I have been asking too many questions lately. Must get off my lazy ass to do my own research!

Here's one : I am planning to dye my hair orange. Should I go to an official saloon or get a DIY hair dye?
Is your hair lighter than orange or darker than orange? If lighter (white) you may be able to pull off a temp orange dye at home. If darker (brown, black) I say go to a salon, because you'll first have to permanently bleach your hair (which can result in a fugly head of weird colored hair, hair loss, and/or chemical burns to the scalp if done incorrectly), then dye it again to orange (which can make your already weakened hair fall out, especially if it's a permanent orange dye). Do not just dump orange on your hair if it isn't already white or really light blonde, or there will be no telling how your hair will come out (99% chance it'll become some super ugly color, 100% chance it won't be orange). btw if your hair is chemically straightened, don't use any dyes with hydrogen peroxide, or you'll be wearing wigs for months.

There are many types of dyes, but if you'll be bleaching your hair (which can only be done permanently, no wash out bleaches), I'd just go for the permanent orange dye as well; if you go for temporary orange color, it'll wash off to reveal the white bleached hair underneath. A professional dye job will minimize the chances of things going wrong with your hair; when getting it done, make sure that they don't leave the bleach on too long (I've heard too many horror stories of bad stylists; in one, the stylist left bleach on the girl's head and went to lunch, came back and, well, "stuff" was oozing out of her scalp ). Whatever you do, good luck, and here's to you getting a lovely vibrant shade of orange.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote