Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-17, 22:11   Link #1658
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Then why are you even citing popularity contests at all? That is part of what SaiMoe is after all - a popularity contest. One of the more prominent ones at that.
You brought up popularity contests first by mentioning SaiMoe, I just explained to you why SaiMoe is a horrible gauge for popularity. I did not say that popularity contests/lists is not a good indicator, I said that SaiMoe is flawed due to external reasons. Do I really need to list all the top contenders who have been sniped off by fans of other characters?

Do I really need to explain how SaiMoe is different from a typical character poll? I mean really? You're an intelligent guy, figure it out.

Quote:
You hinted at it yourself - Fujoshis typically don't buy anime DVDs/Blu-Rays in large numbers, to the best of our knowledge. Yaoi anime typically doesn't do that well on DVD or Blu-Ray, and this we know for a fact.
Tiger & Bunny is proof that Fujoshi's buy Blurays, you want to know why they never did before? Because they were never given the option in the first place. The way the market is going is that most shows will now by DVD/BD and heavily aimed otaku shows will be strictly Bluray, see the upcoming Horizon as an example.

Quote:
It's long been the case that yaoi dominates much of manga, while anime is dominated by a male audience that isn't very much into yaoi.
Than when it comes to Macross Frontier (a show that sells on avg 15,000 more copies per volume than T&B) why is their more Sheryl and/or Ranka doujins with Alto than Alto and Michael for example?

Quote:
If you're arguing that Tiger and Bunny is just about an unprecedented exception to the rule there, then yes, it will take a lot to convince me of that.
How about you provide proof that Tiger & Bunny Japanese fandom isn't powered by fujoshis. You like to ask for proof yourself but you don't seem quick to give out anything to back your statements.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote