View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 06:09   Link #174
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I think you sort of answered your own question, perhaps; it establishes the re-connection between Asuna and Kirito, if nothing else, and sets the stage for a (possible) new danger to the characters in SAO that may have an impact on the plot going forward.

That said, the pacing of this episode did feel a bit different, obviously, compared to the previous stories because it wasn't self-contained. So, as you allude to, the full implications of this arc won't become clear until the next episode.
It reconnected them in the first part of the episode, and that's the good part of the episode. And knowing now that in that first part
Spoiler for spoiler:
makes me wonder why giving so much room to the mystery instead of giving us more Asuna/Kirito moments (ok, I know I'm being childish here ).
Anyways, letting aside my mystery genre issues I'm bearing, my real problem was not with the pacing nor with the not-self-contained structure of the episode (I usually hate episodic series btw), but with the mood, or the atmosphere, the mystery settings had. That part of the episode lost completely the MMO feel the previous episodes had and that makes this show so enjoyable (to me) even if they are giving us only side stories and the main heroine wasn't there til now. Anyways I'm going to watch the episode again so I could be more soft next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
I guess these episodes (ep 5 and 6) are needed to give the feeling of Kirito and Asuna becoming friendly again after their meeting at the first floor especially so that in the 7th ep we won't get a sudden development between two of them...
They could have use a quest or a dungeon to do that

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote