View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 18:35   Link #1
dm85

PSP Subtitles Issues (Converting MKV to Mp4)

Hello all. I was hoping for a bit of advice on this issue..

I've spent the last 6+ hours researching Xvid4PSP and the possible ways to hardcode a subtitle so it'll show up on my psp once it's converted.

From what I read the option only allows an already seperate subtitle file to be hardcoded for conversion. The problem is, I'm not sure what this file falls under (soft or hard). I was watching Nodame Cantabile (The 1st Season) on my psp until I ran into a problem at episode 13 I believe. I noticed that the subs wouldn't pop up and upon further inspection of the original files I realized that there was an option to remove the subtitles manually (using Media Player Classic). 1-12 had no such option. Though they pop up by default. So the question is..if the subs aren't a seperate file already is there an option to force them to be hardcoded? Note: I haven't actually tried encoding the file yet to see if it does a better job then PSP9Video. I probably will test it out after this post. I also stumbled upon a program called MKVExtractGUI which allows a person to extract the subtitles into a seperate file. I haven't researched it yet.

Long story short..Any advice on the issue is most appeciatted. If the process becomes to cumbersome I'll probably go back to avi. Besides all I really want is to enjoy new anime coming out so I can possibly purchase it in the future .

Edit: Well no one replied at all -_-. No big. Found a post by Salt that has an easy solution for it. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47693. Sorry for the useless post.

Last edited by dm85; 2008-11-19 at 21:36. Reason: Found A Solution
dm85 is offline   Reply With Quote