View Single Post
Old 2009-10-04, 09:29   Link #94
batpig

@Jan-Poo

You're absolutely right, hence my disclaimer at the bottom XD. It's just been really helpful to read everyone's theories + thought process, so I wanted to share mine before I forget.

Another huge flaw with my idea is that a number of other kanjis would work to get my result, but it seems vitally important that it is "sato".

Spoiler for Eva's reasoning:

But as you say, as long as this can describe any street in any given city, then the whole theory falls apart. (Not having an insider's knowledge of Kinzo like Eva is a huge disadvantage ) I wonder what else you can see on a map that would immediately reminds you of "sato".

Can anyone confirm from the Japanese version of the game whether Eva specifically says "atlas" or does she say "map". I wonder too if it could be a specialized map or something. (i.e. natural resource map? river = flow of the resources. Or a more rational example, railway map.)

I also wonder about the last part of the epitaph that is really glossed over by the characters. Obviously, at that point they'd already have the gold and wouldn't care about everything else. But why does Kinzo even include it? Is it just to make it read like a ritual? For example, "One shall be, the resurrection of the souls of all the dead." could mean if you take the letters that have been "killed" and rearrange them, you'll get an additional message?
batpig is offline   Reply With Quote