View Single Post
Old 2006-06-08, 05:46   Link #15
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
Pity, I can't post a pic of the manga showing Shiho in her arrogant pose... licensed and all. It really is funny...
Well unless there is a board rule against it, the "fair use" doctrine would allow the posting of a single image without violating copyright rules. Happens all the time. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZephyrX
I enjoyed this episode. It developed Belldandy's character well. It showed that she is not a perfect, flawless being, and her desires have a selfish edge to them.
Does extreme stupidity not already show her to not be a perfect, flawless being?

You know, the episode didn't really work for me simply because Belldandy hasn't been properly set up to be jealous in the anime. Thus her suddenly becoming jealous makes no sense. In the manga, by the time this story appeared, Belldandy's romantic feelings for K1 were quite clear. The couple had even kissed a few times by that point and Belldandy had worried several times about K1 no longer needing her. So when Shiho comes around, Belldandy's jealousy stems from her old fears about K1 not needing her.

So to me, this just seemed out of left-field. That may have been what the writers wanted to achieve, but to me, it lost most of its impact.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆