Thread: Snow!
View Single Post
Old 2008-12-23, 05:02   Link #37
wao
OK.

I'm rotting away in Bellevue, Washington right now, and have finally seen and touched snow for the first time in my entire life a few days ago

It turns out I'm lucky too, because apparently this part of Washington doesn't get that much snow most of the time. When I arrived there were only light coverings of it in some places, and that was awesome enough for me (OMG! My breath is condensing! I can step on white soft things!)

But last Thursday or so it snowed the whole day and it was fantastic because I could go stepping around in the snow and watching my foot go all the way in. Even slipped once. And day before yesterday it snowed further; this time it felt different because when you stepped it was harder and crunchier due to a layer of ice. Spent a good while childishly brushing snow off bushes (and helping my brother unstick his car :P)

I came rather ill-prepared though, under the impression that it doesn't snow so much - so I don't have proper shoes for walking in snow... I live with it though, no use getting expensive boots just for 4 weeks

tl;dr - snow quite literally rocks my socks. Speaking of which 3 pairs is disastrously few...