View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 00:20   Link #862
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There's not false pretenses in this ending. Homura was very forthcoming about what she knows. All the girls knows the ricks, but they still chose to hope for the better. That's like the freaking point.
They would definitely become witches. Or get killed by one. The odds are just so big. You think Kyubey the Manipulator would let them dandy and happy like that? Remember the girls in Kazumi Madoka? I remember it is implied somewhere that eventually all magical girls will become witches, as just even walking everyday consume their magical energy.

Quote:
Optimists are just people that are clever enough to see a solution to any given problem, pessimists are those who aren't.
And allow me to add, in this case, they think they see a solution to a problem that basically screams "YOU LOSE". It's neither optimistic or pessimistic, I would call it delusional

That happy ending is just weaker in theme, and mostly an "earned your happy ending" deus ex machina for Homura. It did not address everything as good as the anime ending.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote