View Single Post
Old 2009-04-28, 05:56   Link #1056
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
You didn't actually, since none of the scenes you mentionned were nearly as common (in a shounen manga) as what we have in this page.
Really? So tearful goodbye scenes, villains with a dramatic purpose and the hero(ine) crying another in his/her arms are not nearly as common in shounen manga?

Do give me the titles you are reading, 'cause I want to read them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Plus speaking of Nanoha taking Fate in her arms after she blasted her, or the bridge scene, that became nearly "classic" for a number of fans. I doubt this panel will know the same fame...
Again, that all depends on its execution. I doubt it will become 'classic' seeing how it's just an introductory scene, but to shout 'OMG cliche!' in the face of Nanoha, Erio and Hayate doing exactly the same is hypocritical at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
Now I'm really worried about the future of Nanohaverse. If this manga turns out to be a shonen harem with another generic "cool" guy as the main protagonist I will be REALLY disappointed

What made Nanoha so special and great was a cost of awesome badass girls and yuri vibes, I don't want a male lead in Nanoha...
.... I can't help but be amazed at how fast people are jumping to conclusions. Seriously, all this page does is introduce a male character. How does that suddenly turn Nanoha into a shonen harem? We don't even know what this guy's connections with the Aces is, or will be, at all. Much less if he's going to be the lead of the story (which I highly doubt).

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-04-28 at 06:20.