View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 09:09   Link #230
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Again, another problem of "show, don't tell". And it isn't like you need a full extra episode to tweek transitions between scenes, although I could picture these 2 stories into 2 full episodes instead.
Spoiler for comparison of episodes 1 to 3 to the novel and short stories they are based on, including an exposition about the author's writing style... but actually there are no spoilers about future events or really anything in here so it should be safe for public consumption:

Verdict: so far as an LN reader I am happy with the episodes, including this week's. In fact, watching episode one is what got me started on reading the LNs, and my opinion of the episodes 2 and 3 was not diminished by the source material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If they wanted to show everything perfectly true to the LN they would need what? 2, maybe 3 episodes for the Black Cat Guild plot?
Spoiler for exposition about the number of episodes required to adapt the relevant short story that episode 3 was based on, including information from the relevant short story that episode 3 was based on:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote