View Single Post
Old 2012-07-31, 07:43   Link #17
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

<<オレンジ色の王>>

Orange. The colour of creativity, imagination, freedom.

Freedom. Yes, that's right. That's what he was fighting for. Freedom.

Not his freedom, but his legion's freedom. Accel World's freedom. Freedom from the menace that Black Vise had become.

He was snapped out of his train of thought when an attack from one of the many plugins on Vise's body nearly decapitated him. If he lost here, he might never find Vise again.

True, he was at a level disadvantage, but his years worth of combat experience prior to his retirement, along with the Destiny and Star Caster he inherited from his two friends gave him the upper hand here.

Or so he thought.

Thanks to decades of research, Black Vise had his abilities enhanced twofold by the various plugins on various parts of his body, each acting like an extra limb capable of independent thought. It was impossible to get close and execute Judgement Blow.

He wondered how many players lost Brain Burst to achieve that. It was infuriating how his once trusted sub-commander had perverted his hopes and dreams for his Legion. It had been a grave mistake instating Vise as Acting Legion Master in his long absence. He wish he saw it back then. He paid the price by losing two of his friends.

No. He couldn't let rage cloud his focus. Not now. When the opportunity came, he would make Vise pay in full and take back Milky Way.

He knew Vise inside out. Even after all these years, his base personality hadn't changed, though he was much more noble back then. As soon as Vise got in some hits, complacency would settle in. That would be the time to strike. It would also charge up his gauge for his long-range attack. Quick mental calculation revealed that he could only take enough hits from Vise to charge up his gauge once. It was all or nothing.

1st hit. 2nd. 3rd.

That was enough. He made use of the abilities stored within the Destiny.

Wings. Flash Jump.

He activated his special ability, which split Star Caster into a bow. A single arrow materialised before it. One Shot.

He took aim and let go. One by one the plugins flew to intercept the shot, sacrificing themselves to slow it down. He knew it was useless. The shot's piercing stats were too high for the defence stats of the plugins to be of any use.

Even so, Vise was unflustered.

"Has spending too much time away from Brain Burst rotted your mind? It doesn't matter if the arrow hits. I'll just lose a few points and respawn after the timer."

Then Vise noticed his right hand moving, as though selecting something in the neurolinker interface.

As though leveling up.

Vise knew there and then that his time in Brain Burst was finished.

------------------------------------------------------

Pretty cheesy, I know.

Let me know your thoughts. Also, help me develop my OC further by asking questions.