View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 21:45   Link #264
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Aww, I'm not that young. I just don't have much experience with MMORPGs, my forte is just traditional single-player RPGs. My posts wasn't meant completely seriously - I understand that people are cautious due to the risk of actual death - but I thought that was the only thing holding them back. I never would have imagined that some MMORPGs, like in grey's Shin Megami Tensei example, would take several years or more to reach the max level. That sounds... really... not fun? I always figured the experience curve would be closer to that of regular RPGs, where you can almost always grind to 99 or whatever's the max level in a couple of weeks if you just farm some final dungeon enemies.
The only MMO's I've spent a lot of time playing, were Star Wars: Galaxies, and Lord of the Rings Online. I played the 2nd one almost every single day, and quit around level 53 after 6 months of playing. Joined a strong guild to help me out, and there was NO way of soloing bosses. I'd go back to areas where the monsters were 10-15 levels behind me, and once it was boss time, I'd half to back off after only taking out half their hp(and I'd be near death). Can't count how many times I died too...

Ugh I need to start up Guild Wars 2 again. I've been seriously slacking...