View Single Post
Old 2013-08-25, 01:14   Link #4153
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
I think the real reason behind the decline of English-translated VNs outside Japan that companies, especially G-Collection importing too many nukige(VN that focused sex than story) in Western markets. Yes they do released something like Kana Imouto and Crescendo but most other releases are nukige.

Mangagamer started strong with the releases of Edelweiss, Kira Kira, Da Capo, Shuffle but they also release some nukige like Tasty Shafts for an example right alongside the those non-nukige VNs. Mangagamer could become new G-collection if they made similar mistake.

I have waited for years in order to see Yosuga no Sora get translated, be it the official one or fan-work. School Days already got official translation work last year and I don't see why YnS can't have the similar effort.
You're better off learning the language than waiting for translations. I for one, already have read more than 20 VNs so am not bothered by the fact that whether companies picked more nukige or what not since I'm not limited to their choices but for a fact you should have understand right now is ero sells. Hence the decision behind those company imports. Want to enjoy the story of VNs, go pick the language up and you'll be able to enjoy reading the story like what I do(you'll be broke, of course since there are so many nice VNs release every month. My wallet is already crying when I last pre-ordered the all age version of Kud Wafter(read the original one already)).