View Single Post
Old 2013-08-25, 04:31   Link #4154
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The main problem is that the Western market isn't that interested in eroges. So usually there is no point translating and selling them if it is not going to be profitale enough.
Even if an eroge that was succesfull in japan, that doesn't mean that it is going to be succesfull in the West. Like Minori's Ef was brought in English by mangagamer and it didn't sell too well. Although it probably had to do with some criticism and complaints made by the fans of the original and how it "handled" the fan translation but w/e

Speaking about criticism, let's not forget the recent uproar caused by the English release of "Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete" released by Moenovel under the name "If my hearts had wings". That game tried to appeal itself towards a larger audience by making it "all ages" (even removing some non H-scene moments) and i saw tons of people complaining on various blogs, forums about censorship. Despite all the complaints I am not sure how well it was sold, because i can't find any sales numbers on it.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote