View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 09:07   Link #19
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
So is it time to end things or is there still unexplored territory to venture into?
What Nanoha as a franchise needs, without going into unrealistic expectation like getting darker and edgier, is 1. A Bigger Budget. 2. A reboot. 3. Creative control with editors and checkers. 4. Less reliance on cross-media.

2 and 3 are linked. Nanoha with its character cast and universe have gotten so big that cracks, in the forms of contradictions or whatever else, started to appear. With a reboot, fans can hope something with solid foundations, like actual elaboration on the whole game of paper rock scissors, magic x anti-magic x conventional. Think about it, A's with the Materials. And that's just one of the possibilities.

4 is one fo my biggest pet peeves against the franchise, as an anime watcher I should NOT need to read the tie-in manga to get the connection between Nanoha, Subaru and a random bridge bunny who only appears five minutes in one episode, I should NOT be TOLD about Nanoha's accident, instead I should be SHOWN that accident in its grim and bleak glory. Flashbacks told like it was in StrikerS does not cut it. Also, please, stop with those timeskips. Using one too many eventually get some of the fans disconnected with the characters.