View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 19:19   Link #430
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Heathcliff does make a valid point.

The KoB and the frontline group is dedicated to clearing the game as fast as possible yet Kirito wants to take Asuna (sub-leader) to who knows where. And having another unique skill player in the guild is worth the risk to take in his mind.

If anything Heathcliff's actions are pretty much justified up to this point.
Well, no, Kirito didn't necessarily want to take Asuna anywhere at that point. Asuna wanted to take a leave from the guild so she can spend time partying with Kirito. Kirito merely agreed that she could tag along with him; the whole thing was her choice and her idea, not his. It's not really up to Kirito to take responsibility for Asuna's request, but the guild leader just suckered him into it because he knew he'd jump at the chance at a good fight. I mean, it wasn't necessarily a bad strategic decision to take advantage of Kirito in this case (since they did want the extra player), but I'm not sure it's really justified (except in the "the ends justify the means" sense). In the end, Kirito didn't necessarily mind joining the guild anyway, so all's well that ends well, I guess. But yeah, if Asuna wants to take leave, it shouldn't matter who she wants to spend her time with; Heathcliff was butting into her private life because she had something he wanted (Kirito).