View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 19:49   Link #191
chibipicpic

Yeah, FZ is one of those prequels that you appreciate more if you already seen the main series.

I think the thing with Shirou was that not only does he have little magical talent and somehow manages to do so well because of his Servant (even having it in the first place, but it was a bit rigged). With Ryuunosuke, he has no magical powers that we know of other than doing research from that old book, but it doesn't seem like he cares more about killing people in fun new ways than magic. Kariya was forced "experience" with the nasty worms. Waver has some training since he's at the Clock Tower, so it's not as if he's completely in the dark, more like a kid with book knowledge but no practical knowledge (like Rin). And everyone else is qualified for having good magic abilities. So I think it's more that he did so well that floored everybody, even people with more training. I don't think any of the other Masters expects them to do very well. Same with Shirou. But with Shirou...never underestimate the power of Main Character Syndrome. Of course he's not gonna suck ass! (at least not all the time) he's the main character!
chibipicpic is offline   Reply With Quote