View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 22:04   Link #23737
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
I think the only novels we know for sure to be written by Hachijô Tôya were Alliance, Dawn and Twilight. Banquet and End were implied but never proven I think...Requiem never had Ikuko, just Bern (implied-)reading to Featherine. But whatever novels they wrote, it was always the couple Ikuko/Tôya...maybe Ikuko added certain parts, but she only stumbled upon the "legend of the occult island" when researching for her 黒首島奇譚 on the internet and that was what triggered Tôya's memory to return.
You could just as well make a theory that Banquet was written by Eva for example. And there is the theory that Turn was a 偽書 as well and we only ever got to read one of the message bottles...though I think it doesn't make much sense to mention two messages and only portraying one...it's overly confusing (even for Umineko).
I see. Well, I like what you're reporting.

I have had the idea that End was not written by whoever meta-Battler or meta-Beatrice represent (as the meta-world depicts both of them as not having anything to do with the story's telling), but rather End represents a 3rd-party's interpretation, like the public's interpretation in general. And this is why it's so different.

I also like the idea that Eva, or maybe someone else (Ange?), wrote Banquet. I always thought it was strange that Eva lived in Banquet but not in Alliance.

And on the other hand it makes plenty of sense to me that Tooya wrote Alliance, Dawn, and Twilight.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote